After six months of work, the fourth version of the Camera Axe is finally ready. For those new to the Camera Axe it’s a programmable camera and flash trigger with two sensor plugs that can be used for a wide range of sensors. It can do anything from timelapse to photographing a shooting bullet. For a little background information read about versions 1 and 3 of the Camera Axe. This version is open sourced under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 3.0 License. I do sell kits, assembled versions, and various sensors at my store.
Camera Axe Video:
Here is a list of improvements from version 3 to version 4 of the Camera Axe.
- The screen is much larger and this makes the menuing system easier to use.
- The case is is much nicer because I had custom cases made for this project.
- Added two LEDs to indicate when the camera or flash is being triggered.
- Much nicer 3.5mm jacks for the sensors and camera/flash plugs.
- Added a dedicated external power plug for those wanting to use external power.
- The buttons feel much nicer.
- Batteries last four times longer.
- A new microcontroller that has two times the space for more features in the future.
- The software is a complete rewrite and has too many improvements to list, but I’ll mention the greatly improved intervalometer mode and the new fast trigger mode.
- The kits are easier to assemble (no wires or drilling needed).
There’s more information information about sensors, reprogramming, flash/camera cables, and much more at www.CameraAxe.com.
Here are a few images taken with the Camera Axe.