I’ve just finished the second version of my electric spinning wheel. My previous versions have more explanation of how electric spinning wheels work see here and here. I decided to use the original name of Electric Eel Wheel 2. (sarcasm)I really like this new idea I came up with of adding a “2” for the second version of a product. Good thing I open source my ideas, perhaps other products will start copying me on this great idea. (/sarcasm)
There a lot of improvements in the new version. Here’s a list:
- Much high quality of motor with longer life
- Lots of changes to greatly reduce noise (quiet running motor, nylon flanges, …)
- Motor controller runs at lower temperatures
- No soldering required so the kits easier to assemble
- Custom enclosure to protect the electronics and create a more professional appearance
- Larger bobbins (hold over 8 oz)
For lots of details like build guide, FAQs, and a link to a store that sells the Electric Eel Wheel visit the project’s main page.
Here is a video of the Electric Eel Wheel 2 being used:
Here are a few pics:
Don’t forget to visit www.ElectricEelWheel.com.