Problem with tensioning, warped flyer wheel

Problem with tensioning, warped flyer wheel

Postby Weaverchick007 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi

Wondering if anyone has some suggestions as to how to fix the tensioner that has no grip and dies not hold tension. Have tried tightening with screwdriver and securing inside screw with duck tape. Tension still slips when I start to spin.

Also flyer is very warped in back near string for tensioner. Can send video to illustrate. Contact me via email. So far unable to spin with this product but remain optimistic. My husband purchased this product already assembled.

Thanks ~D

Re: Problem with tensioning, warped flyer wheel

Postby Maurice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 am

You need to hold the the inside nut with a wrench when you tighten the screw. Otherwise it will just spin and it won't tighten. Once you have tightened the screw a little (don't make it too tight) you should have no problems adjusting tension.

Postby Weaverchick007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:39 am

Tried that doesn't hold. After I held and tightened with a wrench it still
Slipped so I tried to secure with duck tape. This remedy is better but tension still does not hold. Problem persists.

Also flyer is badly warped. Rubs against tension line...this friction might also contribute to the tensioning problem. Thinking the unit needs to be sent back unless someone has another remedy. Just got a faulty machine.

~D

Postby Maurice » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:54 am

One other issue I can think of would be that those small inter circles on the tension knob might be slipping and that would make the tightness of the screw meaningless. This smaller circle is normally glued to the larger flower shaped knob. You might want to check that. Also feel free to contact me via email if you need any replacement parts.

Return to Electric Eel Wheel