Assembled a shield today getting blank screen

Assembled a shield today getting blank screen

Postby purdomphotography » Fri May 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi Group. I have had some boards printed. I assembled one today. I get a lit but blank screen. I have tried it with 3 Uno's. I have tried pressing activate button when plugging it into usb cable to turn on.

At first the 2 led's by the screen turn red then green, then red, green...they settle into green then off.

If I hit activate the top led turns green for a moment.

Could it be that the screen contrast is off so txt is not readable?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Assembled a shield today getting blank screen

Postby purdomphotography » Fri May 11, 2018 6:35 pm

I have checked solders, the 6 pins to backlight are soldered, the pins to screen look good on one side but on the top they may not of soaked all the way through...I'd expect to light or power...its does glow green.

Camera Axe 5_6 seemed to compile not sure what these warnings mean...

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino: In function 'void advancedSensorMenu()':

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:21:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

0xFFFF, 0xFFFF }; // Need bit 16 to be 1 or helpPrintCurSensorValue doesn't work correctly

^

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:21:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:23:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

0xFFFF, 0xFFFF }; // Need bit 16 to be 1 or helpPrintCurSensorValue doesn't work correctly

^

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:23:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:25:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

^

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:25:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:27:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

^

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Arduino\cameraAxe56\cameraAxe\menu00_advanced.ino:27:24: warning: narrowing conversion of '65535u' from 'unsigned int' to 'int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

Postby purdomphotography » Fri May 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Make another copy, having the same issue.

I'm using a Inland Uno R3 in case there may be a latent issue.

Paul

the electron goes :evil: :twisted: :oops: :mrgreen:

Postby PTB » Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 am

hi,

do you have any photos, both sides of the shield?

I'm guessing you have appropriate libraries installed. from memory there was a custom CA library for that dogm display.

i don't think the inland uno would be a problem, but who knows, anything could happen.

Been quite a while since i have played with uploading to the shield. i can't remember all the details.

i would check libraries first.

Cheers

PTB

Postby purdomphotography » Mon May 21, 2018 3:03 am

CA5_1.jpg
CA5_1.jpg (208.32 KiB) Viewed 6 times

Here are the 2 I made, with the old ruined CA5 original.

My leading suspicions are:

the DOGMA screens were bad from the ebay guy I bought them from.

The board design from Eagle is more than a 2 layer board and seed only produced as the budget 2 layer.

Both efforts seem to activate on the activate button. As I recall these seem normal behavior from my memories. So its seems just the screens or the traces (or lack there of) seem to be missing or broken.

Thanks for the reply, does it give any good insight?

Paul
Attachments
CA5_3.jpg
CA5_3.jpg (221.45 KiB) Viewed 6 times
CA5_2.jpg
CA5_2.jpg (219.71 KiB) Viewed 6 times

Return to General Camera Axe