pluto valve question

pluto valve question

Postby Ernst » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:08 am

Hi guys,
being a bit lazy and considering the CA valve sensor is no longer available, i bought myself a pluto valve https://plutotrigger.com/products/droplet-valve
Investigating the documentation on the pluto trigger i discovered it is working with 3.3v instead of the 5v the Camera Axe uses.
The valve itself is 12V which is the same as the CA valve.
My (obvious) question is, will this work with the CA or do i need to add a voltage regulator between the CA end the valve's trigger input?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Re: pluto valve question

Postby Ernst » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 am

Anyone?? :roll:

Postby Ric » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Post a schematic for the valve controller. Then it would be possible to answer your question.
...Ric

Postby Ernst » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:05 am

Ric, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, a schematic is not available.
Being impatient, I took the risk and simply plugged things up.
As far as i can see it works.
Obviously i can't be sure nothing will get fried over time, but i guess the short duration of the pulse from the CA and the limmited difference of 1,7V doesn't seem to hurt.

So there you have it, for anyone not willing to build a valve from scatch, this is a good affordable alternative.
In the event the controller gets fried, you could always build a new one based on the CA specs.

Postby gazman321 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 am

I think the valve is the same, probably someone copying the axe valve. I have my axe valve connected to my Pluto trigger with no issues.

Return to General Camera Axe