Button Mouse

Button Mouse

Postby AJP » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi, I saw a video by Maurice. He made a momentary arcade button from a mouse that worked a photo booth program called Sparkbooth which uses the space bar to start the photo taking sequence. Is there anyone you knows how to do this? And would you provide detailed instructions for making such a button? Thank You in advance -Tony (AJP)

Re: Button Mouse

Postby Maurice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:27 am

The video had pretty detailed instructions. I would suggest following those instructions. If you have any specific questions I can help with those questions.

http://www.techphotoblog.com/tpb-22/

Postby AJP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:48 am

Thank you but I saw video 10 times and still don't know how to 1: What wires from the mouse to connect to the button. 2: Where to connect it on the button. My arcade Button has 4 posts. I guess two are for the light inside the button. 3: How does a left click mouse make a space bar execute anyway. How did you do it. I want to start Sparkbooth just like this video.

I'm sorry but the video is not in detail to me. I don't have a clue and would appreciate your help to learn how to wire this button. Did you use the insides from a ball mouse?

You see the video does not help me, please respond, Thank You in advance -Tony (AJP)

Postby Maurice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am

The reason I can't answer all those questions is because there are so many different types of mice and arcade buttons. There is just no cookie cutter solution that will solve your needs. You need to find the button on the mouse and wire that button into your arcade button. I've not heard of arcade buttons with 4 different poles, but it is probably two pins for a short until pressed and two pins for open until pressed. You will want open circuit until pressed.

They way I go about these things I think through how I think it works and then try something. Whether it works or fails I learn something (usually I learn more when it fails).

Return to General